Saturday, January 20, 2018

An Intro to the Upcoming Podcast

Hi.

That's always a good way to begin. Hi.

I've been writing a blog since October of 2009 and was recently asked to record some of them for a podcast. The question, though, was how to begin. And so, after much soul-searching and prayer, with aplomb and a deep sense of wisdom, I came up with the perfect beginning. "Hi."

My name is Mead, and everything I say here is really just my own opinion, nothing official. You'll hear me say this many times, mainly because it's true, but also because I really don't want anyone to think that I'm some sort of authority. No, this is just my own opinion, that of one Baha'i.

Any inherent wisdom that you may find in these stories and thoughts is, of course, founded upon the teachings and Writings of Baha'u'llah. Any humour that you may see likely comes from my own peculiar way of looking at these writings. And any errors, or gross misunderstandings, well, you can blame me for that, too.

If you ever have any particular requests, quotes you'd like to get my take on, or questions you have on what I say, feel free to leave comments. I look at them all, and even try to answer most of them.

If you have any insights you want to share, know that I'll likely read them aloud, too.

Anyways, in the meantime, I'm going to go back to the beginning of my blog and just start reading one article at a time, recording the ones I still like.

But for now, I just want to thank my wife, Marielle, for getting me to do this, and her recording expertise. *

No comments:

Post a Comment